The FSHD Global Research Foundation (FSHD Global) is an Australian not for-profit organisation established in 2007 by Bill Moss AM, a well-known Australian businessman, philanthropist and sufferer of FSHD. The Foundation was established in response to the tediously slow pace of global research into the condition and the negative effect this was having on people living with FSHD, their families and friends.
FSHD Global was formed to fund medical research grants and provide education to FSHD patients and their families, as well as to educate medical practitioners on FSHD. The medical research grants aim to create a better understanding of, and find a treatment and a cure for FSHD.
The Foundation sources valuable funds from donations (received from corporates and individuals) and fundraising events (e.g. ticket sales, sponsorships, raffles and auctions) and appeals.
To apply for research grants, click here.
PO Box A296
Sydney South NSW 1235
Phone: 61 2 8007 7037
Fax: 61 2 8007 7038
- 22nd March, 2014: Patient Research Meeting, Brisbane, Queensland
- 28th June, 2014: 5th Annual Sydney Chocolate Ball
- 22nd September, 2014: International researcher meeting Queensland
- 23rd September, 2014: International researcher meeting Sydney
- 24th September, 2014: International researcher meeting Melbourne